Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Decisions, decisions

We've had Time-Warner cable for years. We're happy with it. We use it for Roadrunner as well. They recently ran a new, bigger line from the street to our house (the size they use for apartment buildings) because we use so much bandwidth. No charge.

Time-Warner doesn't have the Big Ten Network.

Indiana has 17 games on the Big Ten Network this basketball season. In HD. I can't watch any of them. We have two games on CBS regional that I usually can't watch. I can't watch the ESPNU games.

That leaves 9 games that I know I can get (ESPN, ESPN2, and CBS National).

Nine.

This appears to be the best IU team in years. A Top 10 team. And I might miss nearly 3 out of 4 games. That's not okay.

DirectTV has the Big Ten Network.

Decisions, decisions...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Switched from Brighthouse TV and went with Dish...still have RoadRunner and VOIP.

I honestly couldn't be happier.

Terry Bleizeffer said...

Yeah, I investigated DirectTV and found out that it would cost $1000 in equipment to switch to them. Dish seems to be cheaper for the equipment, but not cheap enough to justify changing. I think I'm going to have to put my faith in the market forcing the BTN and the cable companies into making a deal.